Orlando: Trip in Review
Ahh, the beautiful sunshine and warm weather of Florida was a brief respite from December in Wisconsin.
We stayed four nights in Orlando at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort. Below are some notes on our trip:
- Transportation: Used the complimentary Disney’s Magical Express shuttle service since we were staying at a Disney resort. It’s round trip transportation from/to the airport. Loved not having to worry about a car…that it made it feel like a “real” vacation to me!
- Day 1 (arrival): Relax! Took shuttle to Disney Springs for shopping and eating.
- Day 2: Magic Kingdom
- Day 3: Epcot
- Day 4: Universal Studios and Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- Favorite meal: Monsieur Paul in the France Pavilion at Epcot
- Surprising (in a good way) meal experience: It’s a tie for dinner at Shutters at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort and Jungle Skipper Canteen ay Magic Kingdom.
- Not to miss treat: Dole Whip at the Magic Kingdom
- Favorite park experience: Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios
- Least favorite park experience: Wait times at the Magic Kingdom, but to be expected on a Saturday visit.
- Things worth noting:
- Christmas time means beautiful park decorations.
- Winter means less daylight and shorter park hours.
- Evaluate the Disney Dining plan to see if it works for you. We did not select it because the value was not there for us. Your situation may be different.
- Helpful Links: