Platypus Wine Tours
Instead of having to drive from winery to winery, you let Platypus do it for you. It was perfect! They picked us up at our hotel in St. Helena and a group of 12 of us toured wineries around St. Helena and Calistoga in a comfortable little bus.
Here’s what is included in the $110 per person price (at the time of writing):
- Full day: Around 10:30am to 5pm
- Pick up/drop off from your hotel (if centrally located in Napa Valley)
- Tours and tastings at 4 wineries: usually smaller, more “off the beaten path” wineries
- Picnic lunch
- Cheese, crackers, and water aboard the bus
- Local history and info on the wine-making experience
Our driver Steve was excellent, had great stories and tidbits of information, and prepared a nice lunch of sandwiches, quinoa salad, and dessert.
Tours stop at different wineries. On the day we toured, we stopped at:
Each winery charges a tasting fee, but is usually waived if purchasing wine. Winery staff also let us tour the vineyards and production facilities–which was an added bonus.
Oh speaking of purchasing wine: Platypus Wine Tours also had wine boxes that you can ship back home or check as luggage as we did. Our wine survived the plane ride intact.
This was one of our favorite experiences of the entire trip! A must-do in Napa Valley.
For more pics, check out my Napa/Sonoma/Marin Flickr album.